Maine Genealogy Archives

1790 Census: Plantation No. 9, East of Machias, Washington County

Incorporated in 1827 as the town of Trescott; deorganized in 1945 and now known as Trescott Township. Land was set off to Edmunds in 1828 and 1899.

Source: Heads of families at the first census of the United States taken in the year 1790: Maine [pdf]. (Washington, D. C., Govt. Print Off., 1908).

Forenames and surnames have been switched to facilitate searching.

Key to entries:

  1. Name of Head of Family.
  2. Free white males of 16 years and upward, including heads of families.
  3. Free white males under 16 years.
  4. Free white females, including heads of families.
  5. All other free persons.
  6. Slaves.

FIRST NAME

LAST NAME

[p. 53]
Plantations East of Machias, No. 9, Washington County
John Cook 1 0 2 0 0
Samuel Reynolds 2 2 2 0 0
Doctor Edwards 1 1 1 0 0
Samuel Layton 1 4 3 0 0
John Crew 1 0 2 0 0
William Holland 2 0 1 0 0
Richard Jourdan 1 0 2 0 0